We are approaching very nice dates to celebrate happiness with our partner. We show you some examples to be romantic in Tenerife.
February is the month of love, or at least that is what Valentine’s Day tells us. In Vanilla Garden every month of the year is perfect for a romantic gift in Tenerife, but February is coming and we are going to focus on the international day of love.
Do you know who Saint Valentine was? Well, the legend of this saint is not entirely confirmed, as there were several religious people known by this name in ancient Rome. His relationship with love began when the Roman Emperor Claudius forbade young soldiers to marry. This priest endangered his life to continue celebrating marriages of young couples. Once caught, he was sent to prison and later executed. Myth or reality? A tragic introduction so that many centuries later we celebrate love in homage to this Roman saint.
Today we are going to talk about some romantic places in Tenerife and some activities you can do on the island this February.
Place for lovers
Tenerife is such a beautiful place that it would be difficult to find a place that would not be perfect to share with the person you love. The Canary Islands is beauty, romanticism and memorable images.
- The Drago tree in Icod de los Vinos. A kiss under the shade of a thousand-year-old tree is possible in this northern municipality. This very particular specimen was declared a national monument in 1917, more than a century ago. It is a beautiful specimen of Dracaena Draco, more than 18 metres high and nearly 700 years old. Around the Drago tree there is a fantastic park of more than three hectares with species of Canarian flora and beautiful walks to share with your partner. In addition, in the vicinity there is a very interesting butterfly museum to visit.
- We move to a truly natural and paradisiacal environment to continue celebrating Valentine’s Day. The Anaga Natural Park hides romantic corners. If you are a true nature lover, take a walk through the forest along the Sendero de los Sentidos (Path of the Senses). Perhaps you will dare to get down on your knees and, surrounded by the laurel forest, make a proposal that will last a lifetime.
- In the same Natural Park but several kilometres away you can find the marvellous setting of Benijo Beach. Several rocks will observe your walk along the volcanic sand on this lost beach on the island of Tenerife.
Experiences to live as a couple
Tenerife is a place to see and a place for doing. Surrounded by a beautiful environment we can enjoy activities that are perfect for two.
- Did you know that the Canary Islands have one of the clearest skies in the world? Observing the stars and the Milky Way is a unique experience. Lie down on the slopes of Mount Teide and recognise each of the stars that occupy the firmament hand in hand with the person who is your star on earth.
- The Canary Islands is a world heritage whale region. It is a real honour to be able to see the beauty of a multitude of marine species while you take a boat trip along the coast of the island.
- And for the bravest, paragliding. The orography of our island is ideal for a paragliding jump and to see from the heights the beauty that surrounds you. Fly in the most romantic episode in Tenerife that you can experience.
A romantic hotel in Tenerife
Vanilla Garden is a hotel ready to welcome love. That is why when you make your reservation on the website you will be able to select the romantic pack, a beautiful welcome surrounded by cava, chocolate and rose petals. Surprise your partner.
To complete your celebration, nothing better than a visit to a good restaurant. Chez Damien is a spectacular à la carte French restaurant. Modernity and flavour in a tasting menu with the best dishes selected by our chef. Carpaccio of sea bream with truffle, scallops on leek fondue with chartreuse sauce or duck magret with red fruit sauce are some of the examples that you can order at your dinner, all surrounded by an exclusive atmosphere.