If you plan to visit the Canary Islands this 2019, stargazing in Tenerife may be one of the most beautiful activities on your list.
Stargazing Tenerife is a plan you can do almost every day. The important thing is to know best stargazing spots Tenerife and if during your stay on the island there will be any phenomenon in the sky. Today we discover everything you need to know!
Best stargazing spots Tenerife
If you want to observe stars Tenerife may want to do so in one of these magical places. As you might have imagined, the highest places on the island are the best for stargazing. In Tenerife, we have the highest mountain in Spain, so you can enjoy a unique experience. The Teide and some nearby summits within the National Park have the Starlight certification, which accredits this place as a privileged area for stargazing internationally.
- Viewpoints of the Teide National Park: We recommend that you visit El Llano de Ucanca, one of the best viewpoints in this National Park. In addition, it is situated in a strategic place to stargazing in Tenerife.
- Montaña de Guajara: It is the ideal place to observe the sky on a starry night. It is the highest peak of Las Cañadas del Teide. 2718 meters high for Tenerife Teide stargazing!
Stargazing in Tenerife: New Moon Days
Tenerife is one of the favorite places to study astronomy on the planet. The altitude at which we will find ourselves and the low light pollution of this National Park, make a perfect combination for researchers and tourists who want to observe the sky. Therefore, it is important to know which are the days when there will be a new moon. In this way, the moon hides giving way to a dark night, which makes it easier to observe the stars in Tenerife. Without a doubt, this is the perfect moment to observe the constellations. These are the dates of the new moon for the rest of the year: 3 June, 2 July, 1 August, 30 August, 28 September, 28 October, 26 November and 26 December.
Meteor Showers in Tenerife
Enjoying a meteor shower in Tenerife is one of the most romantic plans you can prepare for your holidays in Tenerife. If you want to surprise your partner with a starry night, you might be interested to know the days when it is possible to see a meteor shower in Tenerife from the Teide National Park.
– 28th July: The Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower.
– 12 August: The Perseids Meteor Shower. You can see up to 60 shooting stars per hour.
– 8th October: The Draconids Meteor Shower. Looking at the constellation of Draco.
– 21 October: Orionids Meteor Shower. In the constellation Orion.
– November 5: Taurids Meteors. In the constellation of Taurus.
– 13 December: Geminids Meteor Shower. Up to 120 multicolored meteors per hour.
– 21 December: Ursids Meteor Shower. Observing the constellation of Ursa Minor constellation.
If you are convinced to know the secrets hidden in the sky of Tenerife, do not hesitate to contact our team. At Vanilla Garden Hotel, we will help you program the perfect getaway to visit the Teide National Park at night and be able to stargazing Tenerife. Don’t doubt it! It’s the perfect romantic plan!