Easter in Tenerife in 2023 is approaching and we propose two travel options, individual or complementary, you choose how to enjoy our island.
Easter in Tenerife in 2023 will be unforgettable, we have no doubt. Unrepeatable tourist attractions, tradition, festivals, religiosity, music and everything you are looking for in a trip to remember. If there is one thing that characterises our island, it is the variety of options you can choose from and all that it has to offer all year round. Easter can be conceived as a festive and holiday period or as a time to enjoy the religious life and traditions rooted in the Catholic culture. Today we are going to tell you a bit about both.
Festivals and parties
In Tenerife, Easter also means festivals, music, fun, good weather and holidays. The musical and festival options during this period are very diverse and we are going to tell you about some of them so that you can buy your tickets and have a great time.
- I Love Music has been entertaining the Canarian people for more than ten years with good music and spectacular concerts. This year it will take place on the 8th of April and will feature artists such as Wade, Francisco Allendes, Latmun, Miguel Bastida, Alex Wellman, Aldair Silva and many more. Free drinks with your ticket and a whole day of activities and rhythm.
- The Greenworld Festival is another of the festival options you can go to. On the 8th of April, just like the previous one, thousands of people gather at the Golf del Sur to see international artists. This year’s line-up includes Luciano, Raresh, Ben Sterling, Manda Moor, Francesca Lombardo, Maher Daniel and many more.
- La Misa is the third of the big music festivals to be held at Easter in Tenerife. On the 7th of April at the Golf Costa Adeje you can enjoy Marco Carola, Joseph Capriati, Pawsa, Beltran, Rendher, Alex Wellman and many others.
Tenerife becomes the world centre of electronic music for a weekend with a group of world renowned artists. Don’t forget to buy your tickets and dance until you have no energy left.
The Canary Islands are not the main place in Spain in terms of symbolism or religiosity, there are many options to enjoy processions, masses and religious events of all kinds during this holiday period. Municipalities such as Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Puerto de la Cruz, Garachico or San Cristóbal de La Laguna have a long history of celebrating this special week for Catholics all over the world.
La Laguna is the first municipality that has historical references of events of this type in the whole of the Canary Islands, and for more than five centuries it has hosted a multitude of representations of this culture in its municipality. The procession of silence is one of the best known, held on Good Friday at night and lit only by candles. A magnificent opportunity to enjoy Easter in Tenerife in 2023.
Other processions of great beauty include the following:
- In Puerto de la Cruz there is the Procession of the Nazarene on Maundy Thursday, as well as the Magna Procession of the Holy Sepulchre on Good Friday.
- In La Orotava, the Procession of the Holy Christ tied to the Column on Maundy Thursday and the Celebration of the Passion and Death of the Christ on Good Friday.
- In Santa Cruz we can highlight the procession of the Lord of the Tribulations, which is held on Holy Tuesday and the Procession of the Encounter, on Holy Wednesday.
- The Passion of Adeje hosts a theatrical representation of the death and crucifixion of Jesus Christ in its streets. Actors and residents of the municipality represent this historic moment in the streets.
A perfect holiday
And to round off an unrepeatable trip, all you have to do is choose the best possible accommodation for your stay. In this case we can also help you. The privileged location, the excellent services and the complete facilities of Vanilla Garden Boutique Hotel will turn your Easter in Tenerife in 2023 into the best of your life.